Bios are boring. So here are ten things about Matt that kinda sum up everything you need to know.
1) I have an enormous wingspan.
2) I believe ideas are baby birds. They must be chased with reckless abandon, preferably while giggling. (#hat-tip to my daughter/Junior Client Alex for that one.)
3) I’m really into Not Wasting Time. In that spirit—no, I’m not looking. (Thanks for thinking of me, tho.)
4) I’m also really into food because I’m, like, always hungry.
5) Meetings are meetings, but lunch is delicious. (See point 4.)
6) Write like you talk. So if you’d like to learn how to write, learn how to talk. (And yup. this is how I talk.)
7) I learned how to talk by competing on speech teams in high school and college (speech is like debate only actually fun to watch.) I kept coming in second place at national tournaments, but my teams won (a bunch) so that was A-OK with me.
9) Jump in. You’ll be fine. (#hat-tip to other daughter/Junior Client, Finley—who is the Finleyest.)
10) I digress. Always be digressing, for that is often where you discover The Point.
11) Also, gush. We can edit later. (We're gushing a lot right now, so I'm past ten points and we're not even to the work part yet.)
12) Work part! BBDO hired me in 2014 to oversee all creative on AT&T. That was going super until they announced a $2 billion dollar pitch for media and creative. So I canceled vacation and led the creative charge on that for Omnicom too.
13) We won. Which was also super. So now I'm leading all creative on the combined BBDO & Hearts & Science AT&T team. Right now, we're building a data-and-insight-driven-creative rocket ship with controls set straight for the heart of the Sun (in more of an inspiring than suicidal way, although the rocket ship metaphor is accurate to how insanely fast this thing is moving)
14) Resume/Summary things are boh-ring. If you want to see my work or learn more, just tap on some of these buttons here.